Business Writer & Author
- Writes vividly for all channels
- Applies strategic thinking and planning to business/marketing communications
- 30 years in creative roles with focus on advertising and marketing communications
- Entrepreneurial self-starter
- Experienced in dozens of verticals, both B2B and B2C
- Recipient of numerous creative and writing awards
- Always delivers outstanding work on time and in full compliance with the brief
- Published author.
Since 2008 I have been a Senior Copywriter at Razorfish, the world’s hottest digital agency and part of the Publicis Groupe. In this role I provide copywriting and content strategy for the global email and CRM practice. This involves advising Fortune 500 clients on content for a full range of digital communications, including targeted promotional emails, triggered communications, CRM streams, lifecycle messaging, e-newsletters, websites, and social media.
My award-winning way with words has helped enhance sales and marketing results for leading brands such as Microsoft, Kellogg’s Special K, Tempur-Pedic, Carnival Cruise Lines, Kraft Foods, Intel, H&R Block, Burt’s Bees, H-E-B, State Farm, LasikPlus, T. Rowe Price, ADT, and many others.
Prior to specializing in digital communications at Razorfish, I had an international career in traditional advertising with J. Walter Thompson, Cape Town; The Creative Business, London; and Ogilvy & Mather, Houston.
I have also worked extensively in marketing communications for Nortel, Targetbase and ePartners.
For several years I freelanced full-time under the banner of Creative Word, serving top clients primarily in the software, technology, telecom, and energy industries.
A few of my accomplishments
- I published my first book, a collection of inspirational essays, in Spring 2012. Learn more.
- I have won numerous creative awards for my advertising, marketing communications and editorial writing.
- I have contributed two dozen articles to Media Post’s Email Insider blog. Read my articles.
- In 2011 I taught two courses for Marketing Profs University in email and marketing writing.
- I hold a BA in Languages from the University of Cape Town, where I transferred as a foreign exchange student from Mount Holyoke College in Massachusetts.